Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where have I been?

Wow, it's been two months since I've posted something! How and where did the time go??

So where have I been and what have I been doing??

Well, for starters, taking pictures!
Shooting stuff here and there...

like this little guy and his family



This one was a side project, shooting sports photography for Harvard-Westlake School Soccer. I had a great time doing it and have a lot of respect for people who actually do sports photography for a living!


And of course, a wedding!


And there's been a little reading here and there.....

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

Food Rules by Michael Pollan

and just recently In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan

Maybe one of these days I'll go into detail/rants of how wonderful these books and authors are.

What else have I been up to?
The husband built a chicken coop last week so we're hoping to get some chickens this weekend!! So exciting!! I can't wait to have eggs right from the backyard :)

We've prepped and started the annual veg garden..... So far there are just radishes and lettuce greens sprouting up through the ground. But we seperately have tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, etc that need to do a little more sprouting before they get planted into the garden boxes.

I'm so excited that Spring is finally here and that everything is blossoming! It's nice to walk into the backyard and be hit in the face with the sweet smell of orange/lemon blossoms... And birds singing their little beaks off. It's too wonderful.

1 comment: