Thursday, January 27, 2011

Heirloom Seeds

Are you planning your spring/summer vegetable garden? This is the time to get those little seeds sprouting!
I'm in the middle of reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (great book) and the author gives a lot of mention to heirloom seeds... Which essentially are seeds that have been passed down through generations. I had to see what it was all about.

So I recently went to the Seed Savers Exchange website and spent a good hour looking at all the different seeds they offer! And, of course, I couldn't resist making some sort of purchase.... Now I'm super excited to get my seeds delivered and get them planted!

We already planted a variety of seeds we bought from a garden store in little peat pots...which are sitting in the garage under a nice warm lamp, getting ready to sprout.
So now I'm really excited to compare the difference between the taste of the heirloom vegetables and the non-heirloom vegetables.

Happy Sprouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment